Front Office (Part-time)
We are looking for great new team members with talent, drive, a sense of humour and a sparkling personalities to join our team as Assistant Operations (Part-time) at our amazing, New to open, hotel-with-a-difference in Delft!
TSH Delft will open its doors around September 2020 - starting date for this position will be around July/August 2020.
The part-time position will be available for new team members looking to work between 24 -32 hours a week.
Biggest challenge and WHY do we need you?
You are responsible for every aspect of the hotel operation together with the the Hotel Manager and the Assistant Hotel Manager.
You operate mainly in the lounge/reception area where you are open and available with a friendly smile to meet all the needs of students and hotel guests and the questions of random strangers. This goes way beyond old school reception duties: you and your team members are the hotel’s super-skilled hosts and responsible for optimal guest experience.
Why TSH Delft rules
Our new baby in Delft is built with sustainable design principles as top priority and circularity in mind – we need our team to vouch for this circular environment! So, what makes TSHDelft unique?
Our architects have made sure our furniture and lightning is circular, whether that be with second-hand furniture or recycled materials! Our chefs cook the best comfort food with waste-reduction in mind!
We're also very mindful when using water and electricity (check for polar bear monitors in the showers!) and last but not least, we have a goal to reduce our company footprint by making sure we maximise the amount of renewable energy on-site!
Do you see yourself working here? We're looking for the conscious, the caring and a tiny little bit daring to complete the TSH experience in our new sustainable hotel in Delft. If this is you, get in touch!
What will you be doing to make that happen?
- Reception duties: check ins and outs and all the other stuff that goes with it
- Provide information in a fun and friendly way to guests (or potential guests!) in person, on the phone, online, by telepathy etc.
- You’re the go-to contact person for our students: you handle complaints and issues and other stuff as it comes up
- You support sales activities and in-house events
- Have fun! Spread smiles and good vibes knowing that employees and guests enjoying themselves and connecting with each other is what this is all about
Who are you?
- A flexible, hands-on, motivated and positive approach
- Background in hospitality, preferably in a hotel environment
- You love responsibility and handle stressful peak periods like a pro
- Fluent in English, good at Dutch - decent skills in other languages? The more the merrier
- Hard working, responsible and “let’s do this!” mentality
- You’re legally allowed to work in the Netherlands
What do we offer you?
- A part time job in a brilliant, dynamic, international environment
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. We are a real game changer in the hospitality industry!
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym opportunities and regular cool events.
- Ready, set, grow! You will get the chance to learn and grow in your role (with the potential for growth within and across the company) and collaborate with other talented people who challenge you everyday.
Why TSH rules
We live in a world where almost everything is always changing. The way we travel, study, live and work. People from all walks of life share the same passion: they love to connect!
We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life. We believe in world peace and we aim to play our part in creating it!
In 2023 we aim to have 65 locations secured across Europe, 26,000 rooms and close to one million square meters of shared space. Our new TSHLIFE app and digital platform will connect nearly a million current and former co-living and co-working guests.
Be part of The Student Hotel!
Excited? We’d be thrilled if you would apply! You can do this by clicking the apply button beneath, answering a couple of questions and sending your CV.